A few days ago, I turned 18 and with that comes absolute torture and panic attacks. Turning 18 means turning into an adult. You’re expected to have everything together overnight and for someone who is mentally 5 and dresses herself like an 8 year old boy, that’s not really working out. However, I did learn a few valuable lessons in these past 18 years of existing, so here’s ”18 things I’ve learned before 18.”
- You can’t please everyone, so you better do you.
- You’re never too old for High School Musical marathons.
- Meeting new people isn’t that scary after all.
- Drink at least 4 bottles of water everyday.
- You don’t immediately have to be perfect at whatever you love doing. Practice makes perfect.
- ALWAYS take the seeds out of peppers (unless you like your food extra spicy of course).
- It’s okay to not have your life perfectly together.
- You’re allowed to say no.
- ALWAYS bring tampons / pads wherever you go. Mother nature likes to torture us unexpectedly every once in a while.
- What body type is ‘in’ and what body type is ‘out’ is the last thing you should be worrying about. As long as you’re healthy and happy.
- Always be kind.
- Having 2 really good friends instead of having 10 friends who don’t really care about you, is so much more satisfying.
- The world isn’t against you.
- Just tell that person you like / appreciate / love them.
- Helping your parents out by cleaning the house or walking the dog isn’t that hard.
- You don’t have to be on your phone all the time. That text message can wait.
- Beyonce is always right.
- No dream is too big to be accomplished.
Stay beautiful, Anouk